As much as you can’t marry someone you don’t love which in the real sense there is no one you can’t love, I must say this very emphatically that:
1.Love is not enough reason to get married
2. Not loving him/ her is not also enough reason not to get married to.
I hope you are not confused by the above statements.
Just follow me closely, there are two Kingdom Principles that govern the above statements and these principles must not go against each other.
The first Principle is the PRINCIPLE OF AGAPE LOVE FOR ALL which says we should love each other as he (Christ ) loved us. John 13:34.
This makes it clear that there is no such thing as I “DON’T LOVE HIM/HER” but, applying this principle in your marital life without the second is not biblical. Therefore it’s imperative you understand the second principle.
THE PRINCIPLE OF COMPATIBILITY which is the ability to get along well, to come to terms or to a common resolve. ” Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? Amos 3:3″
Having obeyed the first principle you must apply the second principle, are you compatible in these four areas?
1. Religious belief: If you have accepted the life of Christ you must marry someone who has too. Even if you love him/ her and of course you should but does not have the nature of Christ, you can’t marry him/her.
2. Intellectual Compatibility: The reasoning ability of the two of them must not be too wide. I don’t mean level of education.
3. Social Status: One party must not believe he/she will only mange #100 on clothing while the other thinks #50 is even too much.
3. Cultural Background: Can you cope with the kind of husband/ wife he/ she has been raised to become.
I must tell you that compatibility does not mean similarity and you two can always compromise to apply the second principle to become compatible in 2,3 & 4 but in exemption of RELIGIOUS BELIEF of course. Your ability to find a leveled playing ground in 2, 3 & 4 when you two are compatible on 1 shows your level of maturity.
Thank you for taking out time to read. I love and value you greatly.